Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Awards Day / Last Day of First Grade

Connor survived his way through first grade and we are so proud of him. Last week during the final days of school, LaRue Miller Elementary celebrated with awards day. I captured a pic of Connor at the front of his class's line getting ready to accept his certificate for doing his best this year.

Connor's first grade class (he is on the far left)

Connor with his teacher, Mrs. King.

Connor and one of his many girlfriends, Riley. She actually lives down the street from us so we see her often:)

Connor the last day of school.

After this pic was taken, I turned on our video camera and lined the three boys up in front of the school and told them Doug and I bought them season passes to Hawaiian Falls. Connor got all excited and then said, "What's that?"...I laughed and then said, "You know that place we pass with all the water slides" (pause) and then Connor yelled, "Whoo-hoo." We have since been twice and the boys absolutely love it. Preston is just the right height to go down the slides, but Grant is an inch to short. We got lucky and a teenager at the front gate gave us a red wristband so that Grant doesn't get measured at the top of the slides and gets to go down without being questioned. I am going to milk the sticky on that wristband for as long as I can!

No comments: