Monday, May 3, 2010

Jake Ryan Jackson

Welcome the newest cousin, Jake Ryan Jackson. We have been waiting on him for 9 long months. We have felt him kick and heard all the stories about long nights and heartburn and now we finally get to meet and hold him. He was born by c-section on April 9th and weighed 8lbs 5 oz. I got the privilege of being in on the delivery once again. It is so hard to be so excited watching him come out as you video tape and trying to watch it in real life so you don't miss it all. Jeremy sat with Shelley and then took pics after Jake was born and then went to update the family. I then got to sit and hold Jake for almost an hour while Shelley had hernia surgery. The funny thing is while I was loving on my newest little man all of the sudden you could hear snoring and I would look down and she had dozed off. She ended up startling herself and we all got tickled...good times:) Jax met Jake later in the afternoon and all he wanted to do was barely peek at him and then stay far far away. I think within a week everything was "normal" at home for him. So I guess it is official...the Allsbrooks' grandchild count is 5 boys 0 girls...hehehe!

Right after delivery

Jax meeting Jake...Grumpa (Jeremy's dad) is holding him.

Sweet big brother in the shirt Aunt D bought him:)

3 generations of Jacksons

The new family

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

He is so precious!!