Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1st Annual Midlothian Kids' Fishing Tournament

One Saturday spring morning we surprised the kids and told them we would be going to a kid fishing tournament. Unfortunately, we didn't realize you could register early online so the boys didn't get t-shirts, but they really didn't end up caring. They had a blast casting and reeling their lines in even though Doug kept telling them to "just cast and sit still". The pond was so so crowded with people that I think the fish stayed at the bottom of the pond and didn't dare to bite a line. The boys still had fun and that was really all that mattered.


My Gang!


Grant trying his best to land a fishy.



Patiently waiting for a bite.

Look guys...I caught some seaweed.



The twins got tired and so we decided to go visit the local firemen. I think that was the highlight of their day!


Future Firemen in the making.



The twins had the chance to get in the truck and climb all around making themselves right at home.





No comments: